Today (4/16/18) a new Xperia System Update popped up in the Notifications, and sure enough the March 1st 2018 upgrade is here! The new update is 234MB long and version 49.0.A.4.55 as you can see in the partial screenshot below:
- after you download the file and press install, the L2 reboots into the green Android innards screen
- the “green innards” take about 11 minutes, and then you get the white Xperia reboot screen
- after about three minutes, you have to enter the PIN (or whatever other “start up” security mechanism you have in place).
- the upgrade continues to happen in the background for a few minutes even though there’s no notification. You can see what’s going on by launching the “Xperia Update” app. Once finished, it will say so
- and that’s it, the new March 2018 is ready to go! No issues, no kerfuffles, all was well without issue